Application Deadline on Dec 03, 2012
JEL Classification(s): E, F
Date of appearance on Nov 15, 2012
URL for further information: http://www.kuleuven.be/personeel...
The International Economic research group is part of the Center for Economic Studies at the KU Leuven. The research and teaching activities are centralized around three main research sub-groups: International Monetary Economics, International Finance, and European Integration and International Trade.
• You will conduct research in the field of monetary macroeconomics. The focus of your research will be on one of the following topics: interaction of monetary and macroprudential policies; the interaction of government debt, fiscal policy and monetary policy; the impact of the labour market on monetary policy.
• You will have some teaching responsibilities (3h per semester).
• You will supervise a limited number of (pre-)doctoral projects as co-promotor.
• You have a PhD in Economics.
• You are able to work independently and to contribute to the research environment of the research group;
a publication record is an asset.
• You have preferably experience within the field of monetary macro-economics.
• You have excellent communication skills in English (both orally and in writing).
• You have some teaching experience.
We offer a fulltime employment starting as soon as possible for 2 years (possibly extendible for 1 year).
Please visit http://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/vacancies.html and apply online. Applicants should indicate the names of three people who will write references on their behalf. The three letters of recommendation are to be submitted by the writers directly by December 3, 2012.
For more information about the job description, please contact Prof. Dr. Frank Smets, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received no later than 03/12/2012.