Full Professorship (W3, tenured) in Operations Management
Application Deadline on May 10, 2012
JEL Classification(s): A, C, M, Z
Date of appearance on Apr 12, 2012
Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management
The Faculty of Economics and Management at the Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg (Germany) invites applications for a
Full Professorship (W3, tenured) in Operations Management.
The position commences in 2013. The academic responsibilities include teaching and research in the respective area, with a focus on logistics / supply chain management. In accordance with the Faculty's methodological profile, a quantitative orientation is appreciated. Furthermore, candidates are expected to
- provide evidence of a strong research record, documented by publications in international, peer-reviewed journals,
- actively contribute to the Faculty's research program "Decision Design",
- teach in the Faculty's undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. study programs, including German and English language classes,
- raise external research funds, in particular from the German Research Council (DFG) and from EU sources,
- participate in academic self-administration.
The successful candidate must have teaching experience, a doctorate and be able to show evidence of additional academic achievement in the form of a Habilitation, or equivalent post-doctorate qualifications (e.g. equivalent publications or a junior professorship).
The Otto-von-Guericke-University of Magdeburg is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from female candidates are therefore explicitly encouraged. Disabled candidates with essentially equal qualifications will be given preference.
Please submit your application comprising of curriculum vitae, documentation of academic degrees and certificates as well as a list of publications and teaching record to
Otto-von-Guericke-University of Magdeburg
Faculty of Economics and Management
Prof. Dr. Karl-Heinz Paqué, Dean
D-39016 Magdeburg, Germany
Applications submitted electronically will be appreciated. The closing date for application is 10.05.2012.