Assistant Professorships in the economics and management of innovation and entrepreneurship
Application Deadline on Oct 01, 2012
JEL Classification(s): D, M, O
Date of appearance on Aug 29, 2012
URL for further information: http://bit.ly/NU3Qrm
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for one or more vacant Assistant Professorship (s) in in the economics and management of innovation and entrepreneurship at the Department of Innovation and Organizational Economics.
Core research areas of the Department are reflected in the name of the department. INO research is focused on innovation and entrepreneurship, informed by organizational economics, and predominantly based on unique empirical data analyzed with the use of state-of-the-art methods.
It is the ambition of the Department to sustain and develop its international reputation for excellent research in innovation and entrepreneurship.
Teaching responsibilities of the Department comprise undergraduate and graduate teaching in innovation, entrepreneurship, organizational economics, and research methods, including econometrics.
The assistant professorship is a 4 year tenure-track position. The tenure decision is normally taken after 3-4 year, based on a performance review emphasizing publications in top journals.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant(s) chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department. The successful applicant is obliged to participate in the assistant professor program at CBS on teaching principles and methods in order to fulfill the pedagogical requirements made at the end of the term of employment as assistant professor.
• Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education
• Individual and group based research meeting high international standards
• Promoting CBS’s academic reputation
• Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects
• Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
• Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the department and to CBS-wide tasks
• Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular
• Research, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
• Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
• Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
The assistant professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
The applicant must hold a PhD or the equivalent. Applicants should have a strong research record or potential in the area of innovation and entrepreneurship, and first-rate skills in empirical analysis, preferably econometrics. Teaching experience and an interest in developing courses and study programs is expected.
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system online at uk.cbs.dk/jobs under "vacant positions" where the application form also can be found.
Application must include:
1. A statement of application.
2. Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
3. Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
4. Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level.
5. Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
6. A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritise their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
7. Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration.
An expert committee will be reviewing the received job applications. The committee’s recommendation of each candidate will be submitted to the person in question.
Closing date: 1 October 2012.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk.